Slovenia – Custom Made Journey
Lakani Custom Made Journeys just for you.
Travel at your own pace, on your own time on an itinerary custom designed just for you, your family, or your group. Whether you are celebrating an anniversary trip for two, planning a vacation for the family, or looking for a travel experience for your special interest group, Lakani’s experts will create a tour that exceeds your expectations. With Lakani you have the advantage of working with a team that has first-hand travel knowledge of virtually every part of the world with a network of contacts to help you plan your trip, and the experience to make it happen.
Choose to go on your own or be accompanied by a Lakani Tour Manager. Use commercial aircraft or your own private aircraft. The choice is yours with a Lakani Custom Made Journey.
A marvelous alpine destination, Slovenia is bursting with beautiful scenery, ornate architecture, and subterranean passages. A small mountainous country, exploring Slovenia takes you back in time as you discover its Old-World culture and many mystical historic legends. And covered in lush forests and wedged between the mountains and the Adriatic Sea, you can invigorate your body and soul exploring crystal-clear lakes, scenic rivers, and meandering limestone caves.
Slovenia can be a destination itself, especially for nature and culture lovers. And nestled between Italy, Croatia, and Austria, this charming country is often combined with visits to other Southern European countries.
- Visit Ljubljana Castle
- Visit Bled and cruise on a traditional pletna boat to the island on Lake Bled.
- Enjoy Slovenia’s Adriatic Coast on the Istrian Peninsula
- Explore Postojna Cave
- Visit Triglav National Park
Customized pricing based on itinerary.
Lakani World Tours can create a travel itinerary best suited for you – depending on your time, interests, and budget. Here are just some recommendations:
• LjubljanaSlovenia’s capital, this alpine medieval city is dominated by displays of beautiful Baroque, Medieval and Art Nouveau architecture including its ornate 17th-century castle. Highlights of Old Town include the intricate Robba Fountain, Dragon Bridge, an Art Nouveau masterpiece adorned with dragons (the symbol of Ljubljana), and vibrant produce markets. Walk the cobbled streets and ride the funicular to Ljubljana Castle, towering over the city.
• BledOne of Europe’s most fascinating and beautiful cities, whose thermal springs have drawn seekers of healing treatments for centuries. It is surrounded by rolling hills and snow-dusted mountain peaks of the Julian Alps. Perched on a cliff above the emerald waters of Lake Bled, is the oldest castle in Slovenia with a Romanesque tower built in the early 11th century. A must do is taking a traditional pletna boat cruise to St. Mary’s Island to visit the church built into a rock and ring it’s famed “wishing bell.”
• IstriaExperience Slovenia’s portion of the Adriatic coast. Piran, Portoroz and Koper are some of the small coastal cities here that were once part of the Venetian Republic.
• VariousGo underground in one or more of the caves found in Slovenia’s Karst region. See the famous Lipizzaner horses in their homeland. Visit Predjama Castle, a dramatic fortress on a rock face. Enjoy the natural wonders of Triglav National Park and Lake Bohinj.
A visit to Italy’s Trieste and the Prosecco region is an easy addition to a Slovenia itinerary.